It is strongly recommended that you complete the Introduction to perfectionism in dance course prior to enrolling this course.
The second part in the Dancing to perfection series. Explore how perfectionism is learnt and reinforced in the dance environment.
What caused you to become a perfectionist and what keeps your perfectionism going? Make clear distinctions between the three dimensions of perfectionism and consider how perfectionism is amplified through dance training.
2hrs time valued on demand CPD. Includes three months access.
- Develop an understanding of how perfectionistic behaviour develops.
- Recognise the factors that can reduce or exacerbate perfectionistic tendencies.
- Understand how perfectionism is reinforced through rules, assumptions, and standards
- Make clear distinctions between the three dimensions of perfectionism.
- Define the learning and temperament factors in the development of perfectionism.
- Elucidate perfectionism that is orientated towards self or others or is socially prescribed.
- Recognise how perfectionism develops over time.
- Consider how perfectionism functions in your own practice.
As a psychologist specialising in the performing arts I work with you on your journey to become the performer, educator or director you want to be. I develop bespoke and evidence based solutions for the challenges you face.
The learning in Dance Knowledge works with the same principles I employ in face to face psychological services.
Practice Fostering mindful practice to establish workable techniques and habits.
Performance Achieving personal goals and acclaimed levels of performance.
Artistry Harnessing and understanding creativity and talent.
Resilience Building strength and flexibility through mental and emotional toughness.
For further information contact