An introduction to the concept of perfectionism for dancers. This course explores the paradox of perfectionism and how perfectionism can be a friend and a foe. Making clear distinctions between positive and negative perfectionism, this course looks at perfectionistic thinking styles, feelings, and behaviors. By recognising how positive and negative perfectionism impacts dancers differently, learners are guided to consider how perfectionism functions in dance practice.
3hrs time valued on demand CPD
- develop an understanding of perfectionistic thinking and behaving
- make clear distinctions between positive and negative perfectionism
- look at negative perfectionistic thinking styles, feelings, and behaviors
- consider the impact negative perfectionism has on dance performance
- look at positive perfectionistic thinking styles, feelings, and behaviours
- define perfectionism and look at the costs and benefits of being perfectionistic
- elucidate how negative and positive perfectionism impacts dance experience differently
- recognise how positive and negative perfectionism impact dancers differently
- consider how perfectionism functions in your own practice
As a psychologist specialising in the performing arts I work with you on your journey to become the performer, educator or director you want to be. I develop bespoke and evidence based solutions for the challenges you face.
I partner with artists to enhance their practice through the development of performance skills and creative thinking.
I coach artists to build resilience and value in their practices.
I employ concrete skills that develop confidence and mindfulness.
I help develop ability and expertise.
I have a strong background as a performer spanning 25 years, during which time I acquired professional qualifications as a psychologist. My current practice is a unique mix of psychology and arts.
The learning in Dance Knowledge works with the same principles I employ in face to face psychological services.
Practice Fostering mindful practice to establish workable techniques and habits.
Performance Achieving personal goals and acclaimed levels of performance.
Artistry Harnessing and understanding creativity and talent.
Resilience Building strength and flexibility through mental and emotional toughness.
For further information contact