The paradox of perfectionism is that perfectionism can be a friend and a foe.
Positive and negative perfectionism are distinct thinking styles, feelings, and behaviors. Consider how perfectionism functions in dance practice.
Recognise how positive and negative perfectionism impacts dancers.
3hrs time valued on demand CPD. Includes three months access.
- Understanding of perfectionistic thinking and behaving
- Distinguish between positive and negative perfectionism
- Look at positive and negative perfectionistic thinking styles, feelings, and behaviors
- Consider the impact of negative perfectionism
- Define perfectionism
- Realise the costs and benefits of being perfectionistic
- Elucidate the different impact of negative and positive perfectionism
- Consider how perfectionism functions in your own practice
As a psychologist specialising in the performing arts I work with you on your journey to become the performer, educator or director you want to be. I develop bespoke and evidence based solutions for the challenges you face.
The learning in Dance Knowledge works with the same principles I employ in face to face psychological services.
Practice Fostering mindful practice to establish workable techniques and habits.
Performance Achieving personal goals and acclaimed levels of performance.
Artistry Harnessing and understanding creativity and talent.
Resilience Building strength and flexibility through mental and emotional toughness.
For further information contact