- 16 Videos
- 3 Quizzes
- 18 Texts
- 3 PDFs
- 3.0 hrs
Subscribe to all Dance Knowledge CPD courses
This course discusses the underlying mechanisms and functions of performance anxiety in dance. By separating somatic and cognitive anxiety we take a closer look at patterns of anxiety, before developing and practicing performance scripts to mediate anxiety in response to performance.
3hrs time valued on demand CPD
Includes 3 months access
- define performance anxiety and its components
- make clear distinctions between somatic and cognitive anxiety
- look at techniques to mediate somatic and cognitive anxiety
- consider how performance anxiety functions in your own practice
- understand of how performance anxiety can manifest in different performers
- reconceptualise performance anxiety as a readiness function
- elucidate how somatic and cognitive anxiety impact on dance experience
- recognise how practiced imagery can impact on a dancer’s performance
- formulate performance scripts using imagery
As a psychologist specialising in the performing arts I work with you on your journey to become the performer, educator or director you want to be. I develop bespoke and evidence based solutions for the challenges you face. The learning in Dance Knowledge works with the same principles I employ in face to face psychological services.
Practice Fostering mindful practice to establish workable techniques and habits.
Performance Achieving personal goals and acclaimed levels of performance.
Artistry Harnessing and understanding creativity and talent.
Resilience Building strength and flexibility through mental and emotional toughness.