The biomechanics of dance and the laws of physics of dance movement. This course provides foundation knowledge of biomechanics as a stepping stone towards the advanced biomechanics courses on Dance Knowledge.
- Introduce the field of biomechanics as it relates to dance
- Provide an introduction to Newton's Laws of motion
- Draw examples of how Newton's Laws of motion apply to dance
- Recognise how the concepts of mass and force apply to a dancer's body
- Interpret Newton's laws of physics in the context of dance movements
- Analyse dance movements considering how the laws of physics affect dance movements
Includes a FREE certificate of completion for 2 hrs time valued RAD endorsed CPD!
An Australian dance scientist with a research focus on the biomechanics of dancer performance and injury. Luke’s research has involved collaboration with major ballet companies in the Australia and the UK. He has served on the board of directors of the International Association for Dance Medicine & Science and is the president of the Australian Society for Performing Arts Healthcare.