Encouraging boys and young men to dance is designed to improve your ability to recognise and work with the unique needs of boys in an often predominantly female context. You will be guided through materials that present options for fostering and inspiring boys in dance.
2 hours time valued on demand CPD
- develop an understanding of the different experiences boys can have in dance
- learn to identify factors that will foster engagement of boys in dance
- improve awareness of the potential for unique experiences
- identify four different ways to engage boys in dance
- consider how to utilise language and methods that encourages commitment to dance technique and etiquette
- understand how boys and girls can engage together and learn from each other
As a psychologist specialising in the performing arts I work with you on your journey to become the performer, educator or director you want to be. I develop bespoke and evidence based solutions for the challenges you face.
I partner with artists to enhance their practice through the development of performance skills and creative thinking.
I coach artists to build resilience and value in their practices.
I employ concrete skills that develop confidence and mindfulness.
I help develop ability and expertise.
I have a strong background as a performer spanning 25 years, during which time I acquired professional qualifications as a psychologist. My current practice is a unique mix of psychology and arts.
The learning in Dance Knowledge works with the same principles I employ in face to face psychological services.
Practice Fostering mindful practice to establish workable techniques and habits.
Performance Achieving personal goals and acclaimed levels of performance.
Artistry Harnessing and understanding creativity and talent.
Resilience Building strength and flexibility through mental and emotional toughness.
For further information contact