An introduction to the neuroscience of creativity and the practical applications of this research in the dance studio. This course explores the specific actions and processes that a dancer, choreographer, or teacher can engage with in order to achieve creative outcomes. Outlining the skills to tap into the unconscious mind for creative thought and problem solving.
2 hours time valued on demand CPD
- develop an understanding of the unconscious mind and creative thought
- appreciate how everyone is capable of creative thought
- reconceptualise creativity as something that can be deliberately cultivated
- look at specific techniques to engage in creative thought and action
- define creativity and look at the relevant neuroscience literature
- elucidate how individual and ensemble creativity are symbiotic
- recognise how creative skills can function in all aspects of dance including character development, choreography, creative dance, and teaching preparation
- learn how to formulate creative action plans
- consider how creativity functions in your own practice
As a psychologist specialising in the performing arts I work with you on your journey to become the performer, educator or director you want to be. I develop bespoke and evidence based solutions for the challenges you face. The learning in Dance Knowledge works with the same principles I employ in face to face psychological services.
Practice Fostering mindful practice to establish workable techniques and habits.
Performance Achieving personal goals and acclaimed levels of performance.
Artistry Harnessing and understanding creativity and talent.
Resilience Building strength and flexibility through mental and emotional toughness.