A wealth of academic research information is available to help dancers in training.
Unfortunately most academic research is difficult to access and interpret.
Learn simple tips for using academic research to directly benefit dance training.
1 hr time valued on demand CPD. Includes three months access.
- Introduce students to Google Scholar
- Describe the standard structure of research articles
- Demonstrate how research articles can be interpreted
- Search for a specific research topic
- Navigate the Google Scholar search engine
- Read and extract the general findings of a research article
An Australian dance scientist with a research focus on the biomechanics of dancer performance and injury. Luke’s research has involved collaboration with major ballet companies in the Australia and the UK. He has served on the board of directors of the International Association for Dance Medicine & Science and is the president of the Australian Society for Performing Arts Healthcare.