There is a wealth of academic research information available to the public that can help dancers in their training. Unfortunately most academic research is difficult to access and interpret. This course provides some simple tips for accessing and interpreting academic research that can be used to directly benefit dance training. 1 hr time valued on demand CPD
- Introduce students to Google Scholar and its basic search functions
- Describe the standard structure of research articles and how articles can be interpreted
- Perform a search for a specific research topic
- Navigate the Google Scholar search engine
- Read and extract the general findings of a research article
Dr Luke Hopper is an Australian dance scientist with a research focus on the biomechanics of dancer performance and injury. Luke’s research has involved collaboration with major ballet companies in the Australia and the UK and is on the board of directors of the International Association for Dance Medicine & Science and the executive committee of the Australian Society for Performing Arts Healthcare.